The Robotics and 3D Printing Laboratory deals with the utilization of advanced technologies in the field of construction. The main topics that the laboratory focuses on include:
- Robotic construction of building structures: Use of robots for constructing various building elements such as walls, columns, ceilings, and other structures.
- 3D printing in construction: Use of 3D printing for the production of building elements such as prefabricated panels, columns, stairs, and other components.
- Utilization of artificial intelligence in the design process: Use of machine learning and other artificial intelligence methods for optimizing the design and construction of building elements.
- Monitoring the condition of building structures: Use of sensors and other technologies for monitoring the condition of building structures and preventing failures.
- Technologies for sustainability and energy efficiency: Utilization of advanced technologies to reduce energy consumption and improve the sustainability of building structures.
- Use of drones in industrial construction: Use of drones for surveying and monitoring construction projects, terrain mapping, and other purposes.
- Smart buildings: Utilization of the Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and other innovations to improve efficiency and comfort in smart buildings.
- Virtual reality and augmented reality: Use of virtual and augmented reality for design, construction, and presentation of building projects.
- Robotic maintenance of building structures: Use of robots for maintenance and repair of building structures such as bridges, water tanks, and other structures.
- Advanced materials in construction: Utilization of new materials for building elements such as high-strength concrete, composite materials, and others.
These topics bring new opportunities for improving the productivity, quality, and sustainability of the construction industry through technologies such as robots, 3D printing, artificial intelligence, drones, and others.